Rousseff expressed her belief that Brazil can become one of the world's leading economies while preserving its natural resources.
Food industry, enterprise services, pharmaceutical, agrochemistry and culture are among the sectors with potential for Argentina to win markets in India.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas addresses the General Debate of the 67th session of the UN General Assembly at the UN headquarters in New York, the United States, Sept. 27, 2012, as the week-long event entered into its third day here on Thursday. Abbas told the UN General Assembly on Thursday that Palestine will continue to obtain full membership at the UN and that it has already begun intensive consultations with regional organizations and member states. (Xinhua/Shen Hong)
The Yamaguchi-gumi is involved in criminal activities in Japan and abroad, including drug trafficking, human trafficking, extortion, prostitution, fraud and money laundering, the department said.
Sir John told an audience of experts and journalists at the Chatham House think-tank, "Being inside the EU can often be frustrating; but outside, we would be at a serious competitive disadvantage."
The statement revealed both have agreed that plans to replace illegal crops of coca plants, marijuana and poppies should be part of the integral land reform of Colombia.
NEW YORK, Nov. 28 (Xinhua) -- Persisting protests in Ferguson, Missouri, and a large number of other cities, serve as a sharp reminder of the deep social division in the United States along racial lines.
WASHINGTON, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama will meet with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy Brey at the White House next month to discuss a range of issues, a presidential spokesman said Thursday.
WASHINGTON, Sept. 14 (Xinhua) -- The White House on Wednesday denied wrongdoing in a 535-million-dollar loan to a now bankrupt company, as House Republicans alleged that the White House rushed approval of the loan without adequate oversight.
They also demanded that Chavez at least temporarily give up the presidency to the speaker of the National Assembly and a new election be held within 30 days if he is not in Caracas on the inauguration day.
Special report: Hu attends Nuclear Security Summit
- GUATEMALA CITY, Sept. 6 (Xinhua) -- Guatemalans on Sunday went to polling booths across Guatemala in hopes of electing a new leader while the country's Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE) called on citizens to remain calm and peaceful in the process.
- Meanwhile, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner recognized China's actions since early September to accelerate the pace of currency appreciation, while noting it is important to sustain this course.
- The alliance has survived for half a century, however, despite controversies along the way, and on Tuesday, Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama reaffirmed Japan's commitment to working with Washington.
- Menard was replaced by Colonel Simon Hetherington as acting commander of the Joint-Task Force Afghanistan, the military said in a statement.
- The judge, Col. Denise Lind, found the 25-year-old Manning not guilty of aiding the enemy, when he released hundreds of thousands of classified documents to WikiLeaks. The charge carried a possible punishment of life in prison.
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (R) talks with Mexico's Foreign Minister Patricia Espinosa prior to a meeting at the Alhondiga de Granaditas in Guanajuato, Mexico, on Jan. 24, 2011. (Xinhua/Mexican Foreign Ministry)
- Of all the salt intake, packaged, processed and restaurant foods account for 77 percent of that consumption, said the agency.
- MEXICO CITY, May 2 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama arrived in Mexico City Thursday aboard the official presidential airplane Air Force One, for an overnight work visit.
- "(Palmer) cannot come breaking all the diplomatic laws. How can he be ambassador? He will be rejected," Chavez said on that occasion.
- Michael and Julie Chinchirillo, an Illinois couple who were shopping in Chicago, said they decided to "get involved for a little bit, let the voice be known."
- The Commonwealth groups Britain and many of its former colonies while the International Organization of the Francophonie is an organization of French-speaking nations.
"Under the new and more ambitious initiative, the nuclear warheads held by the two super nuclear powers are expected to be reduced to between 1,500 and 1,675."
天地无伦电影未删减CEO, Apple Inc.
"All the dissonance has rattled Wall Street, inducing last week's 4 percent loss by the Dow Jones industrial average, its worst performance in 10 months. If Bernanke were rejected, uncertainty over a successor would further roil global markets, at least in the short run. Rising investors' anxiety would cause investment and consumer expenditure drop further. Together with the worsening joblessness, the risk of double-dip recession of U.S. economy may increase."
伊人伊人在线高清视频Director, Google Inc.
""Canadian consumers are feeling ripped off...When the Canadian dollar is at parity with the U.S. dollar, Canadian consumers notice that prices here are typically higher than in the United States," said Conservative Senator Larry Smith, deputy chair of the Standing Senate Committee on National Finance."